theacronymstheacronyms

Main Audio Reviews Stats 7 Fans

Epic Trailer!! Epic Trailer!!

I'd love to know which programs you used to create this. It sounds very epic and the levels are mastered very nicely. It's entirely fitting as an epic trailer. This is quality.

HaydenDavenport responds:

Thank you very much!

I used Logic Pro for recording, and Kontakt to run the samples. I used a lot of different libraries, so it would be difficult to pinpoint which sounds you are hearing. If you do a google search for, say, "best string samples" you can probably find a list of the best sounding samples. Some of which, I probably used.

strilogren strilogren

I like the notes selected. I was hoping it'd get darker, if the bass had chosen to go lower, towards a minor key. It reminds me of something from a 90s computer game. Or it'd fit perfectly for the game "U-Link".

I like it as a loop. It's very interesting.

C23 - Skyward Disaster C23 - Skyward Disaster

I'd have given it more except for the mixing. I wish the drums had blended a little more than overpowering the melody and background chords.

Perhaps that was your intention. In any case, I really liked what I was hearing. I'll be checking out more very soon.

Chrausner responds:

Hm-hm. I designed those beats like that on purpose because I've been told that my normal style isn't really true D&B, so I made over-powered beats.

Thanks for the review.

[MLP] Battle of Harmony [MLP] Battle of Harmony

This is really great. Did you arpeggiate everything with a program or did you choose the notes yourself? I also wonder what sort of project you were helping your friend in. This is great.

hjhkbn responds:

Everything about this song (as far as composing goes) was made by me. It was a very talorable process, but I love every bit about making music like this. The project was just for me to make a abttle theme for one of his characters really. Not really sure what exactly it was though, but still, I like to do my best for my friends with something that I love doing! Thanks for the amazing review!

Etude in Structure Etude in Structure

Sounds like a Radiohead interlude. I understand it's for a class and why it is the way it is. As a class composition piece, it's A-material. As a song, it's something else. Something to use for a movie. I really dig it.

I'm giving it 4 for the composition. This is great stuff.

Jiimaan responds:

Whoa... wasn't expecting such a positive review...
I'm really glad you liked it!

I am also flattered by the comparison with Radiohead...

Thanks for the review!

jiimaan

Hex by 8 Bit Cypher Hex by 8 Bit Cypher

Oh wow. I did not expect this. This has tremendous energy. The tones have a Daft Punk feel, but it's original. The only thing that kept me from giving it that extra 0.5 star was the drumming. I kept waiting for the drums to kick off, either with more hi-hat or more feel. My ears were BEGGING for more in the rhythm section. Otherwise, this is a great tune!

Mattmr responds:

Actually, thats really good advice. I ignore the drums much too often.. Thanks!

BIOlin BIOlin

I wasn't sure on the song's structure layout, but I'm giving this 4 for the violin ideas you had. What did you use for the string sound? I've used many and this sounds more like the real thing.

ResEve responds:

The strings that are at the very beginning are a preloop, but I also edited it a lot.

Cloud Kicker (mastered) Cloud Kicker (mastered)

Hey man, I'm digging the tones here. Very epic and I like the counter-point harmonies you got going on. What kind of programs do you use?

Daydream-Anatomy responds:

FL studio 8.
Mostly z3ta+ and sylenth1.

DJ Theof - Awaiting DJ Theof - Awaiting

Hey, I really dig the sound. I like the melodies and the tones you're using. The only thing I wish it did was FEEL faster. Maybe double-time hi-hat or something. I can't put my finger on it. It sounds great as it is. My ears kept begging for MORE. But it's your song and I think it sounds great.

TastyTeo responds:

Thanks :DDD the double high hat would be great!! Thankss again